Saturday, October 9, 2010

Yes it moves

Yes, this houseboat moves and I can feel it. It mainly bobs up and down rather than moving side-to-side. It was sort of a weird sensation on the first day and I was wondering what it would be like to sleep with the constant movement.

I've found that the movement on the boat really isn't too bad. The one time that it bothers me is when I'm on land. Every now and then when I'm sitting on my chair at work or standing at the lab bench, I'll feel like I'm on the boat rocking up and down.

What's really interesting are the things that cause the boat to rock up and down. Not surprising, big moving boats create big enough waves to move the houseboat. Sometimes I find that walking across the floor causes the entire houseboat to rock. What did surprise me was that seaplanes in the air would move the houseboat more than seaplanes moving on the water.

This morning I woke up to light rain. I love watching and listening to rain falling. On the houseboat I can also FEEL the rain falling on the water. With the light rain it's actually sort of fun to rock up and down and watch the raindrops hit the water.

Just sitting here writing this the rocking motion is sort of lulling me back to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment