Friday, October 1, 2010

Houseboat Living- Day 1

I moved to Seattle 2 1/2 months ago intending to settle here and live a simple, routine life. But life had its own plans, and I decided to turn the lemons into lemonade. Or if not lemonade, something a little less sour and a little more interesting.

Here I am on Day One of Houseboat Living. It's not a big place by any stretch of the imagination. There are two levels. The first level has the kitchenette, small living area, and a 3/4 bath. The second level, which I get to by a set of ladder-steps, contains a bedroom 'suite' consisting of full sized bed, clawfoot bathtub, sink, and toilet. The outdoor deck is also on the second level, and it is accessed through the bedroom window.

I've only been here a few hours. So far I've noticed that I actually can tell that the boat rocks a little, that there isn't a lot of privacy and people don't mind it, and that there are a lot of bugs.

At the same time, it's nice to just sit there and stare at the water. I have a great view of downtown, other boats, seaplanes, and the water. Who needs t.v. when you have scenery?

I'm only renting for a month and then I'm moving to a landbased apartment. I have the feeling that I'll be glad that I decided to do this by the end of the month. This isn't as restful a place as I'd like. Right at this moment, there is a party at the Chinese restaurant next to the marina and ridiculous techno-dance-pop music is blasting. I'm tired. Hopefully the party is over soon and I can get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment