Saturday, October 23, 2010

Free!

The movers delivered my boxes and furniture last Thursday and I've been unpacking ever since. There is nothing quite like seeing everything you own unloaded and lined up against an apartment wall. I own way too much stuff for one human being. I have been living without it for the past 3 months and have been fine. It would have been nice to have had some of it these past few months, but most of it is stuff that just sits in a closet or cabinet and rarely gets taken out and used.

If I ever wanted to live in a houseboat full time, I would have to get rid of 90% of my stuff. Either that or spend a lot of money on a really big boat.

When I returned back to the marina this evening, Someone had placed a box in the marina parking lot with a sign that said "Free! Glasses, Cups, Beer and Wine. Please take me." I feel like contributing to that box... and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment