Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The marina at lunchtime

I got to do something today that I haven't done in at least 8 years-- instead of eating lunch with co-workers, I took a break from work and went 'home' for lunch. Home in this case was the houseboat.

The sun was shining and there was barely a cloud in the sky. When the weather is good in Seattle, it is really good. Today it was simply beautiful.

It was a great day to sit at the dining table eating my lunch and watch the world around me. There wasn't that much activity in the marina. I watched a neighbor pull her boat closer to the dock and re-tie it to the post, and a couple of seaplanes took off and landed. Mostly, I just watched the reflections and ripples on the water.

It was calming and fun to just sit there. Lunch ended way too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment