Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cold morning

It's cold this morning. It says 41 degrees online and the thermometer at the marina is dead on 40 degrees. I woke up early this morning, but stayed in bed for a while because it was warmer under the covers. This place is heated by two small electric space heaters:


From Houseboat


From Houseboat


They do provide heat, but sometimes it just doesn't feel like enough (like this morning). You can even see the cold:

From Houseboat


From Houseboat


Those pictures were taken about an hour ago. Since then, the fog has completely moved in and it's sorta cool to watch it move along the water. I can barely see the buildings in the background now and I haven't seen a single seaplane take-off or land.

I grew up in Wisconsin and lived in Iowa for a while so I do know what *real* cold feels like. But staying in a houseboat is a little like being in a tent--you're more acutely aware of the weather around you because the walls aren't insulated like in a house. I'm very very very glad that I have a heated apartment on land for this upcoming (projected cold) winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment