Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle house

I've run past the dock where the 'Sleepless in Seattle' house is moored many times because it is a few docks north of the houseboat. I've been asked quite a few times if I've seen the floating home where Tom Hanks' character supposedly lived in the movie 'Sleepless in Seattle'. So this morning I brought my camera with me on the run and shot a bunch of photos. The morning running atmosphere was ideal-- cool, calm, and simply beautiful:

From Houseboat


As you can imagine, most docks around Lake Union are private with signs posted to discourage the general public from entering. Luckily it was very early in the morning and most people were asleep so nobody noticed or stopped me from entering. The 'Sleepless' house is at the end of a private dock:

From Houseboat


These 'floating homes' are very close to each other-- inches between houses. They are actually closer together than the houseboats at my marina. You can see the 'Sleepless' house here with its neighbor:

From Houseboat


And here is the house at sunrise this morning:

From Houseboat

No comments:

Post a Comment