Saturday, December 8, 2012

31 for 31

I have been exercising a minimum of 31 minutes per day and plan on doing it for all 31 days of December-- 31 for 31.

Since right before the Kirkland Triathalon in September, I've been battling injury and illness.  My running pretty much stopped after I injured my back for the second time in 2 months after doing a running group run in October. Somehow between then and now, I became a sit-in-front-of-the-tv blob.

Thus, the 31 for 31 goal is getting me off the couch and I'm taking this time to both learn about training using the target heart rate method, and exploring the exertion necessary for different activities to hit this target heart rate.

It has been a week so far, and I have run, biked, jumped on a trampoline, and played Dance Dance Revolution for my 31 minute daily workouts.  Running or crazy-legged spinning are the two easiest ways to get my target heart rate up.  But I have to say the DDR was the most fun and a good upper body stretch/workout too.  

I'm finding that the variety helps and I'm more motivated when I have something different (and indoors away from the rain) to look forward to.  

One week down, three more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment